Sunday, March 29, 2009

You happy now, Judith?

I got wind that some people were getting tired of seeing my last post. A threat of bodily harm might even have been uttered. But I'm not naming any names... Suffice it to say, it was motivation to get off my behind and take a few pics.

Storm Mittens

storm mittens
Yarn: 1 skein of Crown Mountain Farm Sock Hop, in "Riders on the Storm"
Needles: 2.75mm
Pattern: winged it

I was inspired by these, these, these, these and these. They're perfect "transition" mittens. Not heavy enough for a deep freeze, but great for these nippy Spring mornings. They're very soft, but with softness comes pilling. I was a bit surprised to see sock yarn fuzz up like that. I've cleaned them up (very carefully) with a razor, and they're fine now.

As I hinted in my last post, I couldn't resist picking up a little more handspun.

grellow handspun
Grellow, by Weaverknits.

I've already knitted it up into a very cute Shackleton, but my camera batteries pooped out on me, so I'll have to show you some other day.

Hope that's ok with you, Miss J.


0 comments: