Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Made for Madder, part 1

Hello friends. I hope the cold, dark days of winter are not getting you down. I've been keeping quite busy, with lots and lots of secret samples on the needles. I'm excited to eventually show you...

First off, the beautiful and aptly named Uniform Cardigan, by Carrie Bostick Hoge. This was a chance for me to play with some very yummy yarn: Quince and Co's Owl. Divine!

Photo courtesy of Carrie Bostick Hoge

Photo courtesy of Carrie Bostick Hoge

I was very excited to have the chance to knit this for Carrie. Recently she launched a new website and has been releasing the most wonderful, wearable patterns! This particular pattern is especially cool. It includes instructions that allow you to mix and match different elements to make it perfectly "you": long and shorter length, 3 different body shapes, fitted or bell-shaped sleeves, simple or shaped neckband, patch, inset or no pockets. I can imagine making a whole wardrobe of these lovely and utilitarian garments!

And there's another reason why I'm tickled to have knit this sample. The model is the beautiful daughter of my sweet friend Lori.


10 comments:








Andee

said...

It looks so cozy and that is a beautiful model!





Elizabeth McMurtry

said...

I had to smile when I saw this post - I JUST found this pattern on ravelery yesterday and I can't WAIT to make so, so many of these cardigans! It is the PERFECT "uniform" for me. As always, your handiwork is exquisite! Thank you so much for sharing!





harmony and rosie

said...

Totally gorgeous, this cardigan (in all versions) is at the top of my to knit list. Right now I'm about to CO Lila, another of Carrie's beautiful creations.





Margie Oomen

said...

now that i have knit a sweater for myself that i actually love I am itching to start another. I love this cardigan with its sweet pockets xx





Lori ann

said...

my girl, my darling girl, i get the biggest thrill every time i see her in these photos. did i tell you hannah didn't want to take off this cardigan? she fell in love with it, your beautiful beautiful knitting. i love it all so much, carrie's photos (her meeting carrie and immie too)your knitting, so exciting. must get one of these on the needles soon, it's really perfect.





Anonymous

said...

This looks so cozy. I love the little pockets.





Tonya Gunn

said...

What a perfect cardigan? Is the pattern simple enough for a mama of seven that gets distracted a lot?





Lizy Tish

said...

This looks like such a cozy sweater! I've been wanting to try Quince & Co. yarn - the owl looks so nice.





Maryse

said...

Très beau! Classique!





Julie

said...

Nicole, this is such a beauty! Your talent is as exquisite as Carrie's... and I consider myself very lucky to be one of reasons for your "secret sample" fun. xox